1.2K views

Purchased a OneVanilla prepaid card from Walgreens, $150. Went home and activated the card online, said could take up to 24 hours to be activated.

The next day, card didn't work, several following days, card didn't work. Checked online, said balance of $0. Within hours of purchasing the card, all $150 was siphoned off by Paypal:rootlayer. Started digging around, there are MULTIPLE OneVanilla card activation sites, so I apparently activated the card on one of the scam sites.

Still couldn't figure out which one was the legitimate site, if any. I would simply avoid these cards, good luck activating the card without some lowlife *** stealing your hard-earned money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Onevanilla Prepaid Card Activation.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I have never had this problem before. It worked out great for me when I load.

But I did load it with actual cash at a cash register. So my money never got drain

Just happened to me. Activated the card with $110 on it. Next day all $110 gone to a random paypal account based in San Jose, CA.

I purchased two of these one vanilla cards.They both gsve me issues even after assigning zipcodes and activation.I preloaded it with $500 and the next day the money was drained from some company ive never even heard of.I didnt even get notified of this large transaction.This is the worst experience i have ever had.I will never purchase one of these cards again.Now i have to wait for this long drawn out dispute process when i need my money back now.

to Brooke27 #1602380

i got scammed out of 1000 dollars what actions did u do to file

You can't pay cash online & prepaid protects your acct from being drained.

I have the same problem, card didn't work.... help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand the need for prepaid cards if you have cash in hand.