I received this card as a gift for Christmas 2016 and just tried to use it today for an online purchase where it was denied. I checked with the web address and the web page showed it had been used and the balance was zero.

I called the 1-800 number and spoke with someone who could barely speak English. He said I would have to file a dispute and they could send the form to my email address. He stated that I would have to make a copy of my driver's license and send it to them. I told him no, that this sounded like a scam to me.

I hung up. No one needs your DL to file a dispute for anything.

Please don't get taken and do not buy this card. IT IS A SCAM!

Product or Service Mentioned: Onevanilla Gift Card.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 16, 2017.

Comments

FROM HAVING HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME AND DOING LOTS OF RESEARCH I BELIEVE I HAVE

FOUND THE PROBLEM. WHEN YOU GO TO A WEB SITE IT IS A FAKE WEBSITE MADE TO APPEAR LIKE

THE REAL ONE.

IT DOES NOT FUNCTION OTHER THAN TO PROVIDE A POPUP FOR YOU TO ENTER

YOUR CARD INFO AND THEN ANOTHER POPUP SAYS THAT THE WEB SITE IS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE.

YOU HAVE JUST GIVEN YOUR CARD INFO OUT TO A SCAMMER WHO BUYS/USES UP ALL YOUR FUNDS. SIMPLE SCAM

IT GOT ME TOO!

Brownstown, Illinois, United States #1352133

same exact thing happened to me.It is strange about the site always being down for maintance when this happens.

It is down as we speak. you click on things and nothing works..

to Anonymous #1463187

it happened to me too. went to check the balance and nothing happened, said the website problems.

then went to use card had zero balance on it.

it was a scam website. onevanilla prepadi cards are junk because they do nothing about the criminals!!