Santa Barbara, California
3K views 24 comments

I purchased a OneVanilla Prepaid Visa Card for my daughter for her to use while traveling out of state. Upon purchasing the card, I kept the packaging and inserts in case it was lost or stolen. My daughter returned from her trip minus the card. No worries I thought. I called OneVanilla to report the card as missing and get a replacement. They asked if I had the original receipt - which I did not. I was able to give the date, location, card used to purchase the OneVanilla Visa card, and the amount I had loaded onto the card. They confirmed I had all of the correct information but they could not issue a refund/new card as I did not have the original receipt. I went to the store where I had purchased the card, but unfortunately, their system does not keep detailed receipts past seven days.

After numerous calls to OneVanilla, it has become very clear to me this is their business practice. They don't want to have to issue a refund of the balance of the card. They don't want to have customer service to help you. There is no way a "thief" of the card would have the detailed information I have. The fact they can locate the card, verify I have all the information correct, but remain unwilling to issue a new card or refund the balance is just their business practice to keep funds that are not theirs.

I have since just opened my daughter a checking account with a debit card. And, in the future, would go back American Express Traveler's checks. Their business practice and reputation is impeccable.

Please be aware - do not use OneVanilla.

Review about: Prepaid Visa Card.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Onevanilla?

Comments

POd consumer

I too have a horror story-- both with the OneVanilla product and GreenDot-- we need to get every one who has been scammed to file federal charges under the Banking Act, and under FCRA. If enough people take the 5 minutes to file a claim online, we can make it a class action and get this larceny stopped.

nobodyspecialhere
to POd consumer #811915

Tell me where to sign up! :(

Galaxy Express 999
to nobodyspecialhere #860255

Me too! I want their ***-***!

bratso

the card is only good for simple activities ; or you will be ***

bobby

My sone purchased a reloadable vanilla card to put on his play station and the system said that the card ids not valled went online to check the card it said it was activated and some of the money was gone called the card and all we were told was sorry.

Peyton
#742068

DO NOT use OneVanilla as a means for your finances.They use poor treatment of us the consumer.

Not a good experience at all!Do yourself a favor and find another card option.

Saint
#742064

I too am disenchanted with the OneVanilla card.A card that is "pre-paid" for.

I today had an unfortunate disagreement with OneVanilla personnel. I ordered online a Christmas gift from Pottery Barn. They "tagged" the amount of purchase to cover the total purchase. The next day the merchandise was shipped and I was again charged the same amount.

My card shows two debit identical charges. I am told by the folks at OneVanilla that the first money that was "tagged" will be returned to me in a 7 or 8 day timeline. How is it that a card that is pre-paid for hold back my money for a 7/8 day period. Unacceptable!

I will not purchase another card with rules such as above I am not interested in their services. Think twice before purchasing the OneVanilla card.

You too may be disatisfied with their means of treating their customers.Boo!

bushogger
Tampa, Florida, United States #724543

that's what you get for not saving the rec.

it says to save rec.on vanilla instructions iside the package.

maybe people should read instructions and not just save them without a rec. :cry :cry :cry

They have to have that policy or they would get eaten alive by fraud. How hard is it to save your receipt? You did it to yourself so stop whining.

Lol, your daughter is honestly just a dumb ***. If she didn't place it in a secure place, it deserves to be lost.