OneVanilla - One Vanilla Visa Card - Don't Buy
I purchased a OneVanilla Prepaid Visa Card for my daughter for her to use while traveling out of state. Upon purchasing the card, I kept the packaging and inserts in case it was lost or stolen. My daughter returned from her trip minus the card. No worries I thought. I called OneVanilla to report the card as missing and get a replacement. They asked if I had the original receipt - which I did not. I was able to give the date, location, card used to purchase the OneVanilla Visa card, and the amount I had loaded onto the card. They confirmed I had all of the correct information but they could not issue a refund/new card as I did not have the original receipt. I went to the store where I had purchased the card, but unfortunately, their system does not keep detailed receipts past seven days.
After numerous calls to OneVanilla, it has become very clear to me this is their business practice. They don't want to have to issue a refund of the balance of the card. They don't want to have customer service to help you. There is no way a "thief" of the card would have the detailed information I have. The fact they can locate the card, verify I have all the information correct, but remain unwilling to issue a new card or refund the balance is just their business practice to keep funds that are not theirs.
I have since just opened my daughter a checking account with a debit card. And, in the future, would go back American Express Traveler's checks. Their business practice and reputation is impeccable.
Please be aware - do not use OneVanilla.11889063 review #255563
You may also like
- "I hear to let everybody know about alexander rodas Balcero owner of www.redpay.es they have stole using Fraud more then 350,000 usd from honest people in Colombia Venezuela Spain eeuu..."
- "This store along with several other stores or companies uses "Synchrony Bank" which is the new name for GE Money GE Capital Retail Money Bank GE Capital Retail Bank for..."
- "Much like the other reviews here, they put me through the ringer. Forms, tax returns, bank statements, W-2's, etc. One step at a time. So first fill out forms. 3..."
- "I am quite a fan of chips ahoy cookies especially the chunkie ones. I bought a box the other day and noticed there were darker than usual...after i tasted them..."
- "I received dress on March 24, 2015 promptly. Dress is wrong size and ruffle edges unfinished and popping out. I immediately provided proof Picture of lower front ruffle between..."
- "Spent 1300 on replacement window took 4 months now I need drywall and paint not to mention the 4 gallons of cauk on the outside worst install and customer..."
- "I just recently decided to start bidding on Quibids. I thought it was pretty nice, until I decided to hover my mouse over one of my competitors. I looked at..."
- "My wife who has cancer Was on puppy find,found this puppy for 1200 with shipping 1400 seller called from (503-401-1117) I asked for photos and after tell me it was..."
- "hello! my name is iqunelda white. i am a new proud parent of a now 7 month old baby girl! in October of 2009 i was contacted by a..."